We want to hear about it! Get recognition for your innovation with the GS1 Canada Innovator's Award, supported by the Canadian Federation of Independent Grocers (CFIG).
The Innovator’s Award is presented to the CFIG member that best demonstrates the principle of innovation. Applicants will be judged on the exciting and creative ways they have brought innovation to their business.
The Winner Will Receive
- $2,500 scholarship or bursary to a student studying any field/subject related to technology or innovation. The award can be given to a family member, employee, friend, associate or other of the winner's choosing.
- A profile on the GS1 Canada website.
- An award certificate and plaque
- Recognition across the industry as an innovator and leader.
How to Win
Tell us about the exciting idea you’ve introduced to make your business run smoother, serve more customers or is just a better way of doing things.
These could include, but are not limited to:
- Showcasing how you are supporting local and/or Canadian businesses
- Offering a unique experience specific to your store to engage your customers
- How you highlight your province’s diverse demographics within your store (i.e. foods)
- Nutritional information program to support healthy eating
- Use of marketing or planogram images to create business efficiency
- Customer points programs
- Student discount programs
- Online customer survey programs
- Implementing eCommerce initiatives
- Online marketing promotional tools for promotion
- Incorporating social media to engage a vibrant customer community
- Developing your own app, or integrating with a smartphone app (e.g. Flipp)
- How has your organization or employees given back to your community year after year
- What steps have you implemented to limit your environmental footprint
- Reduction in plastic waste or usage reduction
- Developed program to limit food waste
How to Apply
To apply, complete the application form and send it, along with any additional collateral, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 416-510-1916.
Tell us how you demonstrate innovation through your business activities. Be creative and provide any supplementary content that supports your application.
All applications must be received by August 1, 2018 at 5 p.m. EST.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted via telephone by September 1, 2018 and may be asked follow-up questions regarding their application.
Announcing the Winner
The winner will be revealed on Wednesday, October 24, 2018 during CFIG’s Independent Grocer of the Year (IGYA) gala.
This gala is the final event of the Grocery Innovations Canada Conference and Exhibition, the premier grocery and specialty food show of the year.
For more information
Contact GS1 Canada at email@example.com.