Through its unique ability to unite Canadian pharmacy stakeholders and facilitate consensus on modernizing the pharmacy supply chain, GS1 Canada has gained the support of numerous organizations from the public and private sectors.
As of April 2011, organizations that support GS1 Canada’s industry initiatives and/or contribute to its working groups include the GS1 Canada Healthcare Pharmacy Sector Board and the following:
- Apotex Inc.
- AstraZeneca Canada Inc
- Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- L’Oréal Canada
- Merck Frosst Canada Ltd.
- Pharmascience Inc.
- Ratiopharm Inc.
- Sanofi Pasteur Ltd.
- Schering-Plough Canada Inc.
Pharmacy Distributors & Retailers
- Katz Group Canada Ltd.
- Kohl & Frisch Limited
- Le Groupe Jean Coutu (PJC) Inc.
- Loblaw Companies Ltd.
- London Drugs Limited
- McKesson Canada
- McMahon Distributeur Pharmaceutique
- Metro Inc.
- PharmaSave Drugs Canada
- Shoppers Drug Mart Corporation
- Sobeys Pharmacy Group/Lawtons Drugs
- uniPHARM Wholesale Drugs Ltd.
Healthcare Distributors & GPOs
- Cardinal Health Canada Inc.
- HealthPRO Procurement Services Inc.
- Medbuy Corporation
- Medical Mart Supplies Ltd.
- The Stevens Company
- Answers 4 Business
- Consolidated Health Information Services
- GHX Canada
- GHX U.S.
- Logihedron Inc.
- McKesson Provider Technologies
- Medical Information Technology, Inc. (MEDITECH)
- Ormed Information Systems
- Partners in Supply Chain
- Rogue Data Corporation
- Rx Canada
- TELUS Corporation
- TELUS Health Solutions (backed by Emergis)
- Canada's Research-Based Pharmaceutical Companies (Rx&D)
- Canadian Association for Pharmacy Distribution Management (CAPDM)
- Canadian Association of Chain Drug Stores (CACDS)
- Canadian Generic Pharmaceutical Association (CGPA)
- Canadian Patient Safety Institute (CPSI)
- Canadian Pharmaceutical Distribution Network (CPDN)
- Healthcare Supply Chain Network (HSCN)
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices Canada (ISMP Canada)
- Ontario Hospital Association (OHA)
- Health Administration Systems Project (HASP-BSO) Nova Scotia
- Health Canada
- Ministry of Health, Saskatchewan
- Nova Scotia Department of Health
- Ontario Ministry of Finance, OntarioBuys
- Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC)